Why is Profession Tax (PT) not getting calculated?
Modified on: Sun, 3 Jul, 2016 at 10:22 PM
Profession Tax (PT) might
not be getting calculated for employees under below mentioned 5 scenarios:
1. Incorrect date of birth – PT is not applicable for
senior citizens. So, please check that Date of Birth of employees is updated
2. PT Component not allocated to
employee – PT
will get calculated only if the PT component is allocated in the salary
structure of employees. So, please check that the PT component is allocated to
employees in Salary Master
3. Location not mapped correctly – Please check if the location
is mapped correctly by navigating to Employee Master > Official
4. State not mapped correctly to Location – Please check that the State is mapped correctly to Location by navigating to Payroll
Settings > Locations. If it is mapped correctly, please
check whether that State has PT slabs according to norms of state.
5. PT component not configured correctly – Please check that the PT component is configured
correctly by navigating to Payroll Settings > Salary
Components and checking below conditions
Type should be Statutory
Type should be Slab
Please check all above conditions
and re-run payroll to check PT calculations.
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.