User Defined Fields
As the name says User Defined Fields (UDF) are used to create Fields like Qualification, Total Experience etc… this will get reflected in Employee Master/ Employee Master Import sheet and Manage Forms/Letters. Employees will be able to see the same in their ESS login.
From Employees menu >> go to More tab >> expand Employees section >> in Others table >> Create User Defined Fields
Click on New button to create new User Defined Fields
Here input fields referring below given steps:
- Name of the Field: Enter the name of the UDF like Qualification, Total Experience, Previous Employers details etc
- Type of Control: Select from drop down list either as Text box or Drop Down List
- Text Box: This can be selected if UDF is just a header.
- Drop down list: This option to be selected, if UDF has multiple values.
- Data type : Choose the type of UDF from the drop down list as Numeric or Alpha Numeric.
- Maximum Length: This refers to the length of the words / letters a text box can have. For example - if maximum length entered as 10, then this field is restricted to enter less than or equal to 10 words / letters
- Is Unique: Enable this option if Caption should be Unique
- Is Active: If checked, then this UDF will remain Active.
- Is Mandatory: Enable this check box to make this UDF as a mandatory field to be chosen for data entry.
- Is Employee Editable: Enabling this option allows employees to edit the values in UDF fields in employee ESS login.
- Show in FFS: Enable this check box to make this UDF to be shown in Full & Final Settlement process.
- Show to Employee: This UDF can be restricted for employee access but enabling this field will make employee to view it in their Employee Self Service Login(ESS).
- Show in Adhoc report filter: Enabling this check box will help user to use UDF as a filter in reporting
- Applied Branches: UDF can be restricted to a branch or made applicable to all. There is an option to select the Branch for which this UDF is applicable and by default the UDF is applicable to all the branches if unchecked.
- Click on Save to save this UDF and a list is shown to see all the UDF created in the list. There is an option to edit / delete the UDF.
Click on ORDER button to arrange UDF fields in sequence, which can be viewed in the Employee Master.
Select UDF and move to right side table. In the right side table, use UP & DOWN arrow keys to move and place UDF fields order.